Saturday, January 29, 2011

Cookie Bars!

OH MY WORD! I think these are the best cookie bars that I have ever had.....they are chewy goodness wrapped up in a pan! To bad for me that they were so good, it was a snow day and the kids and I ate the whole pan....yes, I am embarrassed to admit that but they were that good. I did pawn one off on the neighbor and Jimmy had 3 and I did have an extra kid around that day...oh the excuses I will make! Here is the recipe for these yummy things!


Blondie Bars:

1 C. Flour
1/2 tsp. baking powder
1/8 tsp. baking soda
1/3 C. Butter
1 C. Brown Sugar
1 Egg
1 Tbsp. Vanilla
2/3 C. chocolate chips

DIRECTIONS: Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Measure 1 Cup flour. Add baking powder and baking soda. Set aside. Melt 1/3 C. butter. Add 1 C.brown sugar and mix well. Allow to cool slightly. Add egg and vanilla. Blend well. Add flour mixture. Spread into 9x9 baking dish. Sprinkle chocolate chips on top. Bake 20-25 minutes. Allow to cool completely and cut into bars. (Note: I used 1/2 Chocolate Chip and 1/2 Peanut Butter Chip). Enjoy!







No comments:

Post a Comment