Friday, January 21, 2011

Granola Snack Bars and Steak!!

Mmmm.....can you smell the steak on the grill?
Today was a work day for me and I never know what to make because I leave so early in the morning, so I just set out steaks and chicken breast to thaw and we grilled tonight! I LOVE grilling...almost as much as I love soup! As I sit here and watch House Hunters International, I imagine us grilling at a little cottage in the county in England! It is fun to dream about these far away places!
We just marinate the steak with a little Worcestershire sauce, pepper and garlic salt.....and I made Jimmy grill because well, it is just to cold outside for my liking!


The following is just a quick snack I made the kids for the weekend.....

Chocolate Chip Granola Bars.....

2 1/2 Cups Crispy Rice Cereal (yes, it probably is supposed to be Rice Krispies, but I used what I had.....)
2 C. Quick Cooking Oats
1/2 C. Chocolate Chips
1/2 C. Brown Sugar
1/2 C. Light Corn Syrup
1/2 C. Peanut Butter
1/2 C. Peanuts, coarsely chopped
* In a large bowl, stir together cereal and oats and peanuts. Set aside. Grease 9x13 baking dish with cooking spray. Combine brown sugar and corn syrup in a small saucepan over medium heat. Heat until just boiling, then remove from heat and stir in peanut butter. Pour over cereal and oat mixture and mix well. Press into 9x13 baking dish using the back of a large spoon. Sprinkle chocolate chips on top and press into bars. Cool and cut into squares.


Have a good weekend!! Stay warm!

Chrissy

No comments:

Post a Comment