Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Potato Broccoli Cheese Soup...

Okay, I am a sucker for soup.....I love soup! So, I love when the weather gets brisk and yes, I will admit, down right cold because you can warm up with a good cup of hot soup and some bread!! :) Here is what we had for dinner tonight....

Some of the ingredients....(I know Velveeta.....but it makes for creamy soup nad hey, I used Organic Chicken Broth!)...

Potatoes~peeled and diced...

Approx. 2-3 Cups of broccoli...cut into small pieces!

Cube the Velveeta...

Mmmmmm!!!!!

1-2 C. Peeled, Diced Potatoes
1 Small Onion, Chopped
Approx. 16 ozs. broccoli~cut into small pieces
64 oz. Chicken Broth
1 lb. Velveeta
2 Cups Milk
1 Tbsp. Garlic Powder
2/3 C. Cornstarch
1 Cup Hot Water
1 tsp. Chicken Bouillon Granules

1. Pour chicken broth into a large stock pot. Add potatoes and onion and bring to a boil.
Boil approx. 20 minutes. Add broccoli and continue cooking for another 10-15 minutes.
2. Lower heat to medium and add cubed Velveeta. Stir until melted. Pour in milk and garlic
powder.
3. In small bowl, dissolve chicken bouillon granules in hot water. Add cornstarch and whisk
until smooth. Stir into soup. Cook stirring frequently, until thickened. (I used extra milk
at this point because the soup gets very thick!).

Happy Eating!

No comments:

Post a Comment