Monday, January 10, 2011

Homemade Stromboli, Sort of....

This stromboli recipe used to be a staple at my house when I was growing up....I can remember Mom made it alot in the winter months and it is just one of those comfort foods that when I smell it baking....the comfort of home encircles me!
I put "sort of" in the title because I don't make my own bread. I buy frozen bread loaves at the supermarket and simply thaw them to look like this...


Next step is to add mustard and cheeses...

Add your meats next...


Fold up and place on baking sheet...sprinkle w/ Italian Seasoning

Enjoy!!


Stromboli - This recipe makes 2 strombolis - eat one now, freeze one for later!
2 Frozen Bread loaves, thawed (I typically put them on a baking sheet in the morning and let
rise all day. I cover them w/ a little vegetable oil and saran wrap)
1 lb. Mozzarella cheese, sliced
1 lb. American Cheese, sliced
1 lb. Ground beef, browned
1 lb. Ground Sausage, browned
1 lb. Chipped Ham
1 lb. COOKED salami (not hard salami)
Mustard
Italian Seasoning

1. Take thawed dough and roll out into a large rectangle shape.
2. Spread with mustard. (I use just about 1-2 tsp.)
3. Place cheese down the middle of the dough.
4. Top with meats.
5. Wrap up dough around ingredients.
6. Transfer to baking sheet and bake approx. 30-40 minutes at 375 or until dough is a nice
brown color and sounds hollow when tapping on it.
Enjoy!!

2 comments: