Monday, January 10, 2011

Weekend.....

Sorry everyone, we had an extremely lazy weekend so I didn't get much cooking done because JD was at a friends house on Saturday and Jimmy, Riley and I headed to Downingtown to mosey around! We ate lunch out and then Saturday evening consisted of snack food and the Kahlers coming over for some Wii fun! I wish I could have snapped some shots of the girls playing "Just Dance Kids" it was a hoot! And Mason joined the fun by dancing right along with the girls...this is a two year old who has better moves than I do!! Then of course Riley and Madelyn begged to have a sleepover (does anyone else remember doing that as a kid? I know that I used to beg my parents for sleepovers and the excitement of them saying yes was almost to much....). Well, the girls were definitely excited and by midnight I told Riley she HAD to go to sleep. Hmmm, makes for a tired kiddo the next day! Anyhow, Sunday was spent going to church, swapping kids and shopping w/ my bestest! Nicole and I were able to grab some lunch at Panera (see, I told you I was lazy with my cooking this weekend) and then spent the day just strolling through some stores....what a great way to spend a Sunday afternoon when all that ever seems to be on is football (sorry, football fans!!). However, I did not let my family starve, I made Crockpot Italian Beef sandwiches which are FANTASTIC in my opinion! Sorry no pictures, just the recipe!

Crockpot Italian Beef

4 lb. boneless beef roast (a rump roast or sirloin tip roast work best)
1 Envelope Dry Italian seasoning (like Good Seasons)
1 Envelope Onion Soup Mix
2 Cans Beef Broth
1 Cup of water

1. Place everything in the crockpot and cook on low for 6-8 hours.
2. Using 2 forks shred the beef . (You can also take the beef out of the pot, but sometimes it is
so tender that the meat falls apart on you).
3. Serve on crusty rolls, steak rolls, whatever roll you prefer. I like to have provolone or
mozzarella cheese slices.
(NOTE: This recipe creates a lot of "juice" or broth, you could cut the broth down to 1 can and
only use 1/2 C. water if you didn't want as much juice.)

Today we head into another busy week, but I will try and keep up with the posts....tonights dinner is Homemade Stromboli.....I also made up a spice cake and I am hoping to make some Cake Balls later today.....check back later for some pictures and a post!!

Have a great Monday!!

No comments:

Post a Comment