Monday, February 7, 2011

Meatless Monday!

Sooo, I decided that the fam would go meatless for dinner! I had various forms of comments~from Jimmy: "I am glad that I ate the leftover hoagies for lunch today", JD to Riley: "It is clear meat Monday Riley" (I'm still trying to figure out what clear meat is......). Then they ate the dinner and everyone actually enjoyed it! I didn't hand make the veggie meatballs, I bought them and used the "baking" directions listed on the box.


Think little veggie fritters~I think they would be good dipped in a marinara sauce:


Lightened Up Fettuccine Alfredo:

Yummy, yummy, yummy!

These two ingred. equal a yummy Apple Cake (apparently you can make it with pumpkin too!):

Add a little dollop of LITE Cool Whip and a sprinkle of cinnamon:

Okay so the meatballs, you just follow the package directions! I found these yummy morsels at Costco!!

Lightened Up Alfredo

1 1/4 C. Chicken Broth

4 Teaspoons Flour

1/3 C. Light Cream Cheese

3 Tablespoons Parmesan Cheese

DIRECTIONS: Combine chicken broth and flour in a saucepan. Whisk and heat (over med-high heat) until thickened. Turn heat to medium and add cream cheese. Mix until cream cheese is melted and smooth. Add parmesan cheese. Turn heat to low to keep warm. Can add additional chicken broth or 1% milk if mix is to thick. Serve over noodles.


Apple Cake - 3 Points per serving (makes 12 servings)

1 Box Angel Food Cake Mix

1 Can Fruit Filling (Regular size, not large)

DIRECTIONS: Mix cake mix and fruit filling (no other ingredients). Pour into a lightly greased 9x13 pan and bake at 350 for 30 minutes. Cool.


Happy Eating!!




No comments:

Post a Comment