Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Meatless Monday - Not So Much!!

I know, I know~it is to be meatless Monday but in honor of the big V. Day (and knowing that my husband is a meat and potatoes kind of guy) I made the fam a steak dinner! Yup, 2 large T-Bone steaks, shrimp scampi, creamy scalloped potatoes and for dessert~chocolate covered strawberries and cream puffs (I bought the puffs). I only have a few pics because well, I went to the Y and the family devoured the meal before I had a chance to get "finished" shots.

The steaks I just marinaded in Worcestershire sauce and a little of Tastefully Simples Everyday Grilling Seasoning. Hubby grilled the steaks!!

This is what I used for the scampi:

Shrimp Scampi
1 lb. Shrimp - shellled and deveined
1/2 C. Butter
Juice of 1/2 lemon
2 Cloves Garlic, minced
1/2 Tbsp. parsley
DIRECTIONS: Preheat oven to 450. In a small saucepan melt butter with lemon juice, minced garlic and parsley. Arrange shrimp in a shallow baking dish and pour butter mix over. Baked about 12-15 minutes.

This is a finished shot of the potatoes.....

Creamy Scalloped Potatoes
4 Medium potatoes
1 C. Sharp Cheddar Cheese
1/2 Can 99% FF Cream of Chicken Soup
1/2 C. Light Sour Cream
1/4 C. Milk
DIRECTIONS: Peel and cook potatoes. Allow potatoes to cool. While potatoes are cooling mix together your soup, sour cream and milk. Slice potatoes and layer 1/2 in a 2 qt. baking dish. Top with 1/2 the cheese and 1/2 the soup mix. Repeat layers. Bake uncovered in a 350 oven.

Chocolate Covered Strawberries:



I bought baby eggplants at Market today....not sure what I am going to do with them yet, but they were so darn cute I couldn't resist buying them. I will keep you posted!!
Hope you all had a GREAT Valentines Day!
Happy Eating!


No comments:

Post a Comment