Sunday, May 8, 2011

Derby Day Fun!!




So, Saturday was the Kentucky Derby and no, I don't watch the Derby~but I like the idea of Derby Day Parties....I mean really...fun hats, good food, mint juleps (okay, maybe not mint juleps, but they sound so refreshing...except I don't really like liquor so maybe some mint tea or meadow tea would be more suitable to my taste), it is just a good combination for a good reason to host a party. It was actually a work weekend for me so we just had a Derby Day potluck~southern style pulled pork sandwiches, coleslaw, veggies, empanadas, chips and salsa, cookies and Derby Pie! Yep, that's right, Derby Pie....if only I had a picture of the gooey, chocolatey, pecany insides! It is so easy to make~I can't even begin to tell you how easy it was to make~so here is the recipe:


Derby Pie:

1 Frozen, deep dish pie crust
2 Eggs
1/2 C. Flour
1/2 C. Sugar
1/2 C. Brown Sugar
3/4 C. Butter, softened
1 C. Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
1 C. Chopped Pecans
DIRECTIONS: Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Beat 2 eggs until frothy. Add flour and sugars. Add softened butter. Next stir in chocolate chips and pecans. Spread into pie crust. Place in oven and bake for 55-60 minutes. Remove from oven to cooling rack, allow to cool before serving. (If pie is to hot, it will fall apart when trying to serve). Serve with vanilla ice cream or Cool Whip. Enjoy!

Here's to stomping divots and wearing fun hats.....HAPPY EATING!

No comments:

Post a Comment