Thursday, May 5, 2011

To Market, To Market...

Okay, so after a temporary hiatus from blogging because of baseball, soccer, Awana, gymnastics, work, and a weekend away....I am back!


I ventured to Lancaster's Central Market on Tuesday and I just love the atmosphere, the standholders, the freshness of everything!! Because Jimmy was heading to Lion's Club on Tuesday, I was able to grill veggies for dinner...(I did have to grill some chicken tenders for the kids) but I enjoyed a vegetarian dinner....here is what you will need to make the grilled asparagus:


It is really simple to just throw it on the grill and grill until bright green in color (or until desired tenderness....I like mine crunchy!)...



Mix up a salad to put the grilled veggies on (I also grilled portobello mushrooms, onions and zucchini).




Grilled Asparagus

1 lb. asparagus

3 Tbsp. Balsamic Vinegar

2 Tbsp. Fresh Lemon Juice

1 Tbsp. Olive Oil

1 Tbsp. Low Sodium Soy Sauce

Sesame Seeds

DIRECTIONS: Cut tough ends off of the aspargus and place in a large ziploc bag. Add all ingredients into bag and marinate for 2-4 hours. Remove from marinade and place on preheated grill and grill until desired doneness. Enjoy!!


Happy Eating!!







No comments:

Post a Comment