Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Peanut Butter Filled Cookies!


Right now I am trying to put off doing the folding of laundry! I can handle putting the laundry in the washing machine, even switching it to the dryer..but getting it out of the dryer and folding it, please won't the laundry fairy come my way do this little task for me! Don't get me wrong, my hubby does laundry (that's right, his momma trained him right), but sometimes I feel guilty for letting it get backed up, I mean really, I only work part-time there is no excuse.......okay, enough venting about laundry.

On to the good stuff....you see those little peanut butter filled gems up there? I retrieved the idea from the blog Our Best Bites (link to the side of the screen), but I used my tried and true Peanut Butter Cookie recipe from The Mennonite Cookbook. All I can say is OH. MY. WORD. These are going with Jimmy to work tomorrow (maybe that will make up for how behind on the laundry I am).

Peanut Butter Filled Cookies
1 Cup Butter, softened
1 Cup Peanut Butter
1 Cup Sugar
1 Cup Brown Sugar
2 Eggs
3 Cups Flour
2 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. vanilla

Peanut Butter Filling
1 C. Creamy Peanut Butter
1/2 C. Butter, softened
4 Cups confectioners sugar
2 tsp. vanilla
3-4 Tbsp Milk
DIRECTIONS: For cookies~cream together butter and peanut butter. Add sugars and continue to beat. Add eggs and vanilla and beat until fluffy. Gradually add flour, baking soda and baking powder. Chill dough for several hours. Once chilled, shape dough into 1" balls. Place on baking sheet and bake for 10 minutes at 375. Remove to cooling rack. For filling~Beat peanut butter, butter, sugar and vanilla until smooth. If needed, add milk a little at a time until desired consistency. Once the cookies are completely cool, spread frosting on cookie and sandwich with another.

HAPPY EATING!



No comments:

Post a Comment