Sunday, August 14, 2011

Impossibly Easy Cheeseburger Pie (thanks to Bisquick!)

Let's just say that if you are looking for a quick, easy meal to throw together...this very well could fit the bill! This is another dish that my mom used to make when I was growing up....except I didn't like it as much back then as I do now. I got home from work today around 4:00 and hadn't set anything out to thaw for dinner so I quickly decided that this would be dinner. I grabbed the frozen ground beef and browned it over low heat. (I recommend thawing the beef first, it will save a little time). Once the beef is browned, the rest is easy!

Once ground beef is browned, place in bottom of a 9" greased, pie plate and top with cheese and Bisquick mixture:


After it is baked:


Served with grilled onions and fresh tomatoes...yummy!


Impossibly Easy Cheeseburger Pie


1 lb. lean ground beef


1 Small onion, chopped


1/2 tsp. salt (I used a sprinkle of Tastefully Simple Everyday Grilling Seasoning)


1 C. Shredded Cheddar Cheese


1/2 C. Bisquick Baking Mix


1 C. Milk (I use 1 1/2% and it turned out fine)


2 Eggs


DIRECTIONS: Heat oven to 400. Spray a 9" pie plate with cooking spray. Brown beef and onion over med-high heat. Stir in salt (or whatever seasoning you choose). Spread beef in pie plate and top with cheese. In a mixing bowl~mix Bisquick, milk and eggs until blended. Pour over beef and cheese in pie plate. Bake about 25 minutes. Serves 6.




HAPPY EATING!

No comments:

Post a Comment