Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Ham, Potato, Corn Soup!

Easy, quick meals seem to be out motto lately! I can see how easily it would be to slip into the fast food regime, I mean I have to feed my family at 4:30 in order to get out the door by 5:15ish so we can make practices. Some days I feel like I should be getting the "early bird" special.

Anyway, tonight I made this really easy soup and everyone in the family loved it! Even Riley asked for seconds....which, when it comes to soup...Riley only asks for seconds when I make Nicole's Crab Soup recipe and now this!! This soup would also be nice for a tailgating party....make ahead and place in a crock pot or ladle into a thermos to take along to the game!

Ham, Potato, Corn Soup
3 1/2 Cups peeled, diced potatoes
1/4 C. chopped onion
1 C. diced ham
3 1/4 C. Water
2 Tbsp. Chicken Bouillon
2 Cans Creamed Sweet Corn
4 Tbsp. Butter
4 Tbsp. Flour
2 1/2 C. Milk
DIRECTIONS: Combine potatoes, onion, ham and water. Bring to a boil and then cook over medium heat until potatoes are tender. (Approx. 15 minutes). Stir in chicken bouillon. In separate saucepan melt butter and whisk in flour, whisking constantly until thick. SLOWLY whisk milk in (so no lumps form), until all milk has been added. Continue whisking until mixture thickens. Add milk mixture to potato and ham. Stir. Add creamed corn and cook until heated through. Makes 8 one cup servings!

HAPPY EATING!




No comments:

Post a Comment