Thursday, January 10, 2013

Parmesan Zucchini Cakes

I was looking to add something to dinner this evening!  I made sausage and didn't feel like pasta, we had pierogies last night, leaving in me in the dilemma of what to serve in addition to applesauce....BORING!  Well - I remembered that I had "pinned" these little morsels to my "weight watcher recipe" board the other night and decided to give them a whirl!  We all liked them - well, Jimmy and I loved them - the kids tolerated them.  I made the recipe with the ingredients that I had on hand...
Parmesan Zucchini Cakes
1 Large Zucchini, grated
1 Large Egg
1 Cup Bread Crumbs (the original recipe calls for panko)
1 Tbsp. Adobo Seasoning (I used Tastefully Simple Spinach & Herb)
1/2 Cup Parmesan Cheese
Cooking Spray
DIRECTIONS:  Grate zucchini into a bowl.  Add all ingredients (except cooking spray).  The mix will seem dry but they really do form into nice little patties.  Coat pan with cooking spray and heat over medium heat.  Form zucchini mix into patties and place in hot pan.  Brown about 3-4 minutes per side.  Serve with light ranch dressing!
 
HAPPY EATING!
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment