Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Cheesy Chicken & Tater Tot Casserole (Crock Pot Cooking)!

This crock pot casserole was a hit with the kids and hubby!  Some good ole' comfort food on a cold, cold day!  This recipe came to me via pinterest and while I don't think the photo of my casserole is the most appetizing - it did have good flavor!  I adjusted the recipe, just a little bit, from the original.  You can find the original recipe here http://www.thecountrycook.net/2012/07/cheesy-chicken-tater-tot-casserole-slow.html.  Here is my version:

Cheesy Chicken Crockpot Casserole

1 Bag Frozen Tater Tots
3 Boneless, Skinless Chicken Breast - cut into chunks
2 C. Shredded Cheese (I used 1 C. Cheddar and 1 C. Mozzarella)
Tastefully Simple Bacon! Bacon! (original recipe calls for regular, real bacon bits)
1 Can Evaporated 2% Milk
1 C. Frozen Peas (optional)
DIRECTIONS:  Spray crockpot with cooking spray.  Place 1/2 the frozen tater tots into bottom of crockpot.  Sprinkle with 1/2 the cheese.  Sprinkle with 1 T. Bacon! Bacon!  Top with chicken.  Add remaining tater tots on top of chicken.  Top with remainder of cheese and another tablespoon of Bacon! Bacon!  Pour 1 evaporated milk over the top (I used about 1 Cup of the milk).  Cover and cook on low for 6 hours.  Add peas (if desired) during last 1/2 hour of cooking. 

HAPPY EATING!




No comments:

Post a Comment