Monday, July 14, 2014

Smoked Turkey Lettuce Wraps!

I love having all of the local farm stands open for business!  This is the best time of year around here because of all the fresh produce you can purchase!
 
When I stopped to get corn the other day at my favorite farm stand, I noticed something new this year.  Living lettuce - well, of course I had to try it!

Today for lunch I made smoked turkey lettuce wraps!  They were so good!  The  living lettuce is the perfect lettuce for making "sandwiches".  I believe that this will be my new way of eating sandwiches for the rest of summer - so light and refreshing!
Here is how I made my lettuce wrap - you can custom make the wrap to suit your own taste.
 
Smoke Turkey Lettuce Wrap
1 slice Domestic Swiss Cheese
1 slice John Martin Smoked Turkey Breast
1/2 Slice Tomato
1/2 Thinly Sliced Red Onion
1 Slice Dill Pickle (I use Mt. Olive Brand)
1 Leaf of Lettuce
DIRECTIONS:  Layer all ingredients on lettuce, wrap up - enjoy!
 
Happy Eating!
 
*Meck's Produce is located along 222 South - just outside of Quarryville or visit their stand at Lancaster Central Market.

No comments:

Post a Comment