Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Aloha - Hawaiin Chicken!

This is one of the five meals that I prepped on Saturday and put in the freezer!

I think the jury is still out.  I enjoyed the dish.  Think sweet and sour chicken.  JD ate two helpings (no surprise).  Jimmy only ate one serving - but said it was good....and well, Riley said she liked the rice.

So, I think that you should try it and let me know what you think.  The recipe makes 3-4 servings - but I definitely had leftovers.



Hawaiin Chicken (Freezer/Crockpot)

2-3 Boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1 Can Pineapple Chunks (I think I would recommend pineapple tidbits - the chunks were to big)
1/2 C. White Sugar
1/2 C. Vinegar
3 Garlic Cloves, minced
2 Tablespoons Soy Sauce (I used low sodium)
1/2 C. Pineapple Juice (drained from the can - you can dispose of anything more than 1/2 C.)
DIRECTIONS:  Add all ingredients to a gallon size freezer bag.  Freeze.  Pull from freezer and place in crockpot.  Cook on low for 6-8 hours.  Shred chicken and serve.  I served this with rice and peas.  If you are not planning on freezing this - just place chicken in slow cooker and combine remaining ingredients.  Pour over chicken and cook as directed above. 

Stay tuned - tomorrow is Beef Burritos (crockpot style......).

HAPPY EATING!

No comments:

Post a Comment