Friday, February 24, 2012

Cobb Salad!

This is Cobb Salad - well, it is Cobb Salad my way, it is what's for dinner tonight.  I don't really like romaine lettuce (unless it is a Grilled Caesar Salad from the Belvedere Inn) and I am not a fan of bleue cheese, so does it remain a Cobb Salad with the changes I made or does it become something else?

I try not to be to picky when I go out to eat, but sometimes I am that person. You know, the one who says, can I substitute this for this.....the one waitresses probably roll their eyes at....I know, I used to waitress, I used to roll my eyes, as a matter of fact, I think I still roll my eyes - ask the hubby, he will tell you.

Today at work, the ever popular Reuben Sandwich was the special....but it was made with corned beef (not a fan). I asked if I could substitute turkey for the corned beef.....to my surprise, no can do.  Now, I was the eye roller.  Oh well - Crab Cake Sandwiches were the other sandwich special - that was a much better choice!  I really am babbling about nothing, I'm like that, ask my friends - they will tell you. 

So here we go:

Cobb Salad - My Way
Mixed Greens (I think I used about 2 Cups)
1/2 of a plum tomato, diced
2 Tbsp. chopped egg
2 Slices Turkey Bacon, cooked and crumbled
1/4 C. Chicken, roasted & diced - (I bought one of the roasted chickens from Costco)
1/4 of an avocado, diced
2 Tbsp. Reduced fat Feta
2 Tbsp. Garbanzo Beans
2 Tbsp. Newman's Own, Light Balsamic Vinaigrette
DIRECTIONS:  Pile your salad greens on a plate.  Layer on your toppings and top with dressing.  Enjoy!! 

HAPPY EATING!

No comments:

Post a Comment