Thursday, February 23, 2012

Turkey Egg Cups! (Old WW Points - 1 pt. per serving)

I am not sure what website or blog I found these tasty little gems at but thank you.  I am typically not a breakfast eater, but I shifted my work hours today so I could attend an afternoon meeting and I had some "free" time this morning and thought, why not make some breakfast! (And yes, I like a little coffee with my creamer).  The nice thing is, I have extra now that are ready to heat and go.  If I really wanted to, these turkey egg cups would be great heated and placed on an english muffin or a pita pocket for a grab and go type breakfast.
I adapted this from the original recipe because I didn't need 12 egg cups sitting around and I have to be in the mood for cilantro, and I wasn't in the mood so I left it out.  (I like cilantro when it is disguised  in things like salsa, but when you buy fresh cilantro it smells like stink bugs and last night at the store, I couldn't get past the smell, so I didn't buy it).

Here we go:  Start off with a regular muffin tin and line it with very thin turkey slices.  Add 1 Tbsp. salsa to each turkey cup.  (I use Kirkland Brand Organic Salsa)!
Next add approx. 3 Tbsp. of egg white to the "cup"
Top with cheese and serve!  ~Because I like my cheese to be melty, I place back in the oven for about 1 minute or until cheese melts~

Turkey Egg Cups
4 Large Egg Whites
4 Pieces of Thinly Sliced Turkey
4 Tbsp. Salsa
4 Tbsp. Low Fat Cheese
4 Tsp. Cilantro, chopped (optional)
DIRECTIONS:  Preheat oven to 400 degrees.  Prepare muffin tin by spraying with non stick cooking spray.  Set aside.  Separate eggs and place whites in a separate bowl.  (You may discard the yolks, unless you need them for another recipe).  Whisk egg whites and set aside.  Line muffin tin with turkey slice, place 1 Tbsp. salsa in each cup.  Spoon 3 Tbsp. egg white into each cup.  Bake in the oven for 10-12 minutes. When done, place 1 Tbsp. cheese on top of each cup.  Either serve from this point or place back in oven to melt the cheese.
The recipe states that there are 2 Egg Cups per serving.

HAPPY EATING!


No comments:

Post a Comment