Sunday, July 17, 2011

Chocolate Chip Cookies!

I love chocoloate chip cookies, okay...who am I kidding, I really like any kind of cookie, well..except oatmeal raisin...they would be okay without the raisins, just oatmeal. Anyway, see how easy I get side tracked....

These chocolate chip cookies are my hands down favorite. I have tried ALOT of chocolate chip cookie recipes and this recipe from the "Mennonite Comminty Cookbook" always has the same results....FABULOUS!

Chocolate Chip Cookies
1/2 C. Butter
1/2 C. Brown Sugar
1/2 C. Granulate Sugar
1 Egg
1 1/2 C. Flour
1/2 tsp. Salt
1/2 tsp. Baking Soda
1 pkg. Chocolate Chips (7 oz.-they are usually sold in 12 oz. bags...so you can just have a few extra for sneaking, while the kids aren't looking)
1 Tbsp. Hot Water
1 tsp. Vanilla
DIRECTIONS: Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Cream together butter and sugar. Add egg, water and vanilla. Beat until fluffy. Add flour, baking soda and salt. (The recipe says to sift the dry ingred. together....I do not, and the cookies turn out fine). Beat until smooth. Stir in chocolate chips. Drop by teaspoonfuls onto a greased cookie sheet. Bake for 10 minutes, remove from oven and allow to sit on cookie sheet for 2 minutes. Remove to cooling rack.

ENJOY!

HAPPY EATING!

No comments:

Post a Comment