Monday, May 6, 2013

Hot Corn Dip!

YUM is the only word I have for this dip!  Took it to a party and I didn't have to bring any leftovers home with me - nothing better than bringing an empty dish back home!  :)  I got the original recipe off of Pinterest (http://bakedbree.com/hot-corn-dip)!















Hot Corn Dip

1 pkg. 1/3 Less Fat Cream Cheese, softened
1 Tbsp. Diced Jalapeno (In order to reduce the spicy-ness of the dip, I removed the seeds and membranes from the pepper)
1/2 tsp. Garlic Powder
1/2 tsp. Chili Powder
1/2 tsp. Salt
1/4 tsp. Fresh Ground Pepper
2 C. Corn (I used frozen, sweet shoepeg corn that I thawed)
3 C. Mexican Blend Cheese
Chopped Tomatoes
Chopped Green Onions (I used 2 green onions)
Chopped Cilantro (I used about 1 tablespoon - please adjust according to your taste)
DIRECTIONS:  Combined the cream cheese, jalapeno, garlic powder, chili powder, salt and pepper.  Mix until well combined.  Stir in corn.  Mix in 2 cups of cheese.  Bake at 350 for 20 minutes.  Remove from oven and top with remaining 1 cup of cheese.  Return to oven and bake an additional 5-10 minutes - until cheese is melty.  Remove from oven and top with diced tomatoes, green onions and cilantro.  Serve with tortilla chips (I had a black bean tortilla chip - Bachman's brand - that were great with the dip!).  Enjoy!

HAPPY EATING!!

No comments:

Post a Comment