Monday, June 27, 2011

Turkey Taco Salad!

I love taco salad! Well, actually I love anything taco~so I tend to make a lot of taco things for my family and since Jimmy was working late this past week and the rest of us had VBS I really didn't have a lot of motivation to cook and I needed quick things! This taco salad was a hit!even Ry said, "Boy, I really don't like lettuce but when it is in this salad it tastes pretty good." Oh the thoughts of a seven year old!!


Ready to eat!

1 Bag of salad mix or 1 head of iceberg lettuce chopped
1 lb. ground turkey
1 pkt. Low Sodium Taco Seasoning
2 Tomatoes, diced
1/2 small onion, diced
1 Can Pinto Beans, drained and rinsed
1 Can White Shoepeg Corn, drained
1 Pkg. Shredded Cheese
Tortilla Chips
Ranch and French dressing (I use Hidden Valley light Ranch and Ken's Light Honey French)
DIRECTIONS: Brown ground turkey and onion; add taco seasoning (following directions on back of taco seasoning pack), remove from heat and cool. Place lettuce in large bowl. Add tomatoes, pinto beans, corn and cheese. Now, you can do one of two things....add the taco meat directly to the salad and top with dressings and corn chips OR you can place some salad on a plate and top with turkey, dressing and chips. I did the latter because I didn't want soggy chips in my leftover salad.



HAPPY EATING!

No comments:

Post a Comment