Monday, June 6, 2011

Smoked Mozzarella, Chicken Gemelli Pasta Salad with Honey Dijon Vinegarette!

Last Friday my market friend and I were perusing the aisles and taking in all the smells, sites and tastes of Lancaster's Central Market we passed by "The Goodie Shoppe" stand and she had this pasta salad that looked fantastic. I was to impatient to wait in line to purchase some so I made a mental note to myself that I needed to try and re-create the salad in some way! Well, let me tell you....with produce from Meck's anything is possible!


Here is what I came up with:



Smoked Mozzarella & Chicken Pasta Salad w/ Honey Dijon Vinegarette


1 (1lb) Box of Gemelli Pasta, cooked according to package directions


1 Cup Baby Spinach


1 Container Grape Tomatoes, halved


1 Rotisserie Chicken


1 Block Smoked Mozzarella Cheese


1/2 of a red onion, diced


Directions: Cook pasta according to package directions. Rinse under cold water and place in large bowl. Pick the chicken and add to pasta. Add spinach, onion and tomatoes. Dice the mozzarella cheese and add to the pasta mix. For the dressing: 1/2 C. White Vinegar, 2 T. Honey, 1 T. Dijon Mustard, 1/2 tsp. pepper, 2 Tsp. salt, 2 Garlic cloves-minced, 1 C. Oil. Whisk together all ingredients, except oil. Once other ingred. are mixed, slowly add oil, while whisking. Pour over salad and mix. Refrig. 4 hours or until ready to serve.


HAPPY EATING!

No comments:

Post a Comment