Monday, January 9, 2012

Homemade Guacamole!

I have a new love for guacamole. It is an acquired taste I think, and I have managed to acquire the taste over the past year. My picky palate is funny about things...texture, temperature etc. so I wan't sure I was going to like making my own guacamole...when you can simply buy Wholly Guacamole! But in the attempt to make healthier choices, I tried my hand at it. I was not disappointed....here is what I used...(actually 2 avocados were used).

I used my mini processor to "mash" my avocado (although, I left some small chunks....I like a little texture to my guac.)...

Serve with your favorite chips...



Homemade Guacamole


2 Avocados

1 Lime

1 tsp. salt

1 Plum tomato, diced

1/4 C. Chopped Onion (I used 3 green onions because my other onions were not usable....)

1 Clove Garlic, minced

DIRECTIONS: Peel and seed your avacado. Cut up in chunks and mash (or use your food processor - it is really a matter of how you feel like doing it - I did find it easier to mix the garlic in by using the processor). Juice your lime and add to your avocado along with the salt. Add your diced tomato and onion. Chill!!




HAPPY EATING!

No comments:

Post a Comment