Monday, December 12, 2011

Santa Hat Brownies!

So we went to a Christmas Party on Saturday night and were hosted by some of the best people!! Sherri had such a festive theme going with her food, I wish I would have taken pictures of it all, but it has inspired me....now to find the time to host a party! Anyway, I brought along a dessert to share...what FUN these are to make and SUPER DUPER EASY!!

I made brownies and then baked them in my mini muffin tins....



Once they were cooled, I piped on whipped cream icing, followed with a strawberry that was topped with a small dollop of the icing....


Arent' they too cute? They were pretty tasty too!


Hope you all get inspired this season....invite me over for a taste test of your finished product!


Santa Hat Brownies


1 Box of Brownie Mix (I made mine from scratch...it was the recipe on the side of the Hershey's Cocoa container).

Strawberries

Whipped Cream Icing

DIRECTIONS: Mix and bake brownies according to package directions, for cake like brownies. If using a mini muffin tin, coat pans with cooking spray, fill pans about 2/3 full and bake approx. 12-15 minutes. (If you don't have mini muffin tins, you could bake in a 9x13 and using a small round cookie cutter, cut out bite size brownies). Remove brownies to cool on a wire rack. Once cool, pipe icing around the brownie, place strawberry on and then squirt a dollop of icing on the top. Enjoy!


WHIPPED CREAM ICING:

1/2 C. Crisco

1/2 C. Butter

1 C. Sugar

1 tsp. vanilla

3 Tbsp. Flour

2/3 C. Milk

Mix all ingredients together on low mixer setting, for 1 minute. Beat at high speed for 12 minutes!


HAPPY EATING!

No comments:

Post a Comment