Thursday, April 19, 2012

Crock Pot Chicken Azteca!

This is Chicken Azteca!  Unbelievably, my kids wolfed it down and asked for more.  I realize that I really am blessed to have good eaters to begin with but when they both ask for more, I make a mental note that I should make this again!  I figure if they loved it that much it must be blog worthy.

I needed something quick and easy.  Wednesdays  are typically a busier day because of work and helping in Riley's class in the afternoon, I don't get home to start prepping a meal - that equals leftovers or crockpot cookery!


Crock pot cookery it was for us this week!  This recipe is so super easy you won't believe it!  Here goes...

Chicken Azteca - Serves 6
1 15oz. Can Black Beans - drained
2 Cups Frozen Corn
1 Garlic Clove, minced (I used 1 Tbsp. of Tastefully Simple's Garlic Garlic)
1/2 tsp. Cumin
1 Cup Salsa (Kirkland Brand Organic)
3 Boneless, Skinless Chicken Breasts (frozen)
1 8 oz. Pkg. Low Fat Cream Cheese
Shredded Cheddar Cheese
Black Olives
Cooked Rice
DIRECTIONS:  Place beans, garlic, corn cumin and 1/2 the salsa on the bottom of the crock pot.  Place frozen chicken breasts over the top.  Pour remaining salsa over the chicken.  Cover and cook on low for 8-10 hours.  (If your chicken is thawed - you only need to cook for 4-6 hours).  After cooking time is up, remove chicken and cut or shred into small pieces.  Return to the crock pot.  Stir in cream cheese.  Cook on high until the cream cheese melts (maybe 10 minutes).  Spoon your chicken mixture over the rice and tope with shredded cheese, black olives, sour cream - really any topping you would like!

HAPPY EATING!

No comments:

Post a Comment