Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Enchilada Bake!

I am so thankful for friends with birthdays!  Tonight I get to head out to Checker's Bistro with my dear friend Kristen who celebrated a birthday last week!!  Before heading out though I made this enchilada bake!  It was incredibly easy to put together, I am not kidding!  You should try it - I bet your family will love it!!
Enchilada Bake
1 lb. ground turkey
1 Can Mild Rotel Tomatoes w/ Green Chiles
1 (8oz) Can Tomato Sauce
1 Can black beans, drained and rinsed
1 Can Corn, undrained
2 tsp. Chili Powder
1 tsp. Cumin
1 tsp. Dried Minced Garlic (I used Tastefully Simple)
1/2 tsp. Oregano
2 Green Onion, sliced
2 C. Shredded Cheese
6 Flour Tortillas
DIRECTIONS:  Brown ground turkey.  Add
all ingredients, EXCEPT cheese and tortillas.  Mix well and bring to a boil.  Turn heat to low-medium and simmer for 5 minutes.  Spray a 9x13 with cooking spray.  Add 1/2 C. of the ground turkey mix.  Layer 3 tortillas, overlapping if necessary.  Top with 1/2 the remaining meat mixture.  Sprinkle with 1/2 the cheese.  Repeat layers.  Sprinkle with green onion.  Bake at 350 degrees for 15 minutes.  Remove from oven and allow to sit for 5 minutes.  Serve with low fat sour cream.

**Cooks note:  I used fresh corn that I had frozen from the summer**

HAPPY EATING!

No comments:

Post a Comment