Thursday, October 20, 2011

Crock Pot Beef Stew!

I'm back. Sorry for the small delay between posts. Life happened! This week the weather has made a turn (for the better, if you ask me) towards cool & crisp! I love the crispness of the morning air as we wait for the bus and I have my coffee; the crispness on the football field at night...also, I unfortunately love the "comfort" foods of Fall! This week I reached out for some beef stew. I could mix everything in the crockpot, turn it on low and walk away! Gotta love that!

Crock Pot Beef Stew
2 lbs. beef cubes
3 Large Baking Potatoes, cubed
1 Bag Small Baby Carrots
Peas or Green Beans
1 Can Beef Broth
1 Can French Onion Soup
DIRECTIONS: Place beef, potatoes and carrots into the crock pot. Pour soup over them. Add 1/2 to 1 can of water. Place lid on crock pot, turn on low and walk away for 6-8 hours. After cooking time, I flipped crock to high and added peas (probably about 1/2 bag). Also, I mixed 1 Cup beef broth with 4 heaping tablespoons of corn starch. I then whisked that into the beef stew mix. Stirring until thickened. Serve these a variety of ways. I made egg noodles and a green salad. You could serve it over rice or with cornbread...the list is endless.

After dinner I treated myself to this little treat!

I found the mix at Stauffers but they also have it at Darrenkamps. Just mix with hot water and enjoy!! I love fall!

Happy Eating!

No comments:

Post a Comment