Saturday, November 12, 2011

Pumpkin Swirl Cheesecake Bars!

I realize it has been two weeks since my last post! Sorry. I have started a new job at the hospital and have been orienting and training! Even though my menus have been planned and my family has been fed, I haven't had a lot of extra time for posting!

Anyhow, I have been researching some different dessert recipes for Thanksgiving. I would like to do a bite-size buffet of desserts because, well, I love desserts and honestly, I can never decided on just one thing to have and then that leads up to ALOT of dessert that I shouldn't really eat but do. So, I found this recipe on the internet and I made it this week to "try" and I am still on the fence about it, Jimmy likes it though. (I do love the gingersnap crust). Why don't you try it and leave me a comment on if you liked it or not.....

Pumpkin Swirl Cheesecake Bars w/ Gingersnap Crust
Adapted from Kicked Up Cookie Recipes Makes about 24 bars

2 cups finely crushed gingersnaps (about 30 cookies)
1/4 cup salted butter, melted

1/3 cup canned pumpkin
1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
3 8-ounce packages cream cheese, softened
1 cup granulated sugar
1 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
3 eggs
Directions: Preheat oven to 325°F. Lightly grease a 13×9 inch pan. Combine crushed gingersnaps and melted butter in a small bowl. Press mixture into bottom of the prepared baking pan. Bake the crust for 10 minutes or until crust is firm. Set aside to cool.
While the crust is cooling, stir together pumpkin, flour, and pumpkin pie spice in a medium bowl. In a large mixer bowl, beat cream cheese on medium-high speed until smooth. Add sugar and vanilla, and beat until combined. Add eggs one at a time, beating to incorporate completely after each addition. Stir 1 1/2 cups of the cream cheese batter into the pumpkin mixture until smooth. Pour the remaining cream cheese batter over cooled crust. Spoon the pumpkin batter over top of cream cheese batter and using a butter knife, gently spread evenly over the cheesecake mixture. Bake for 25-30 minutes or until center is set. Cool at room temperature for about an hour, then chill in the refrigerator before cutting into bars.

HAPPY EATING!

No comments:

Post a Comment