Monday, January 31, 2011

Mashed Potato Stuffed Hot Dogs

You may wonder what I am going to do with hot dogs, cheese and mashed potatoes......this was one of my favorite dinners when I was growing up as a kid. Now, my kids include it as one of their faves....

Ready for the oven~

Yummy!

Oh, this is my favorite new find....way to go Lean Cuisine!!

Mashed Potato Hot Dogs
8 Hot Dogs, sliced lengthwise
6 Servings, instant potatoes~made according to package directions
Cheese
Paprika
DIRECTIONS: Heat oven to 425 degrees. Slice hot dogs and place in 9x13 baking dish. Top with mashed potatoes, cheese and paprika. Bake hot dogs for 15 minutes...serve with peas and applesauce!
Happy Eating!

























2 comments:

  1. Chrissy, I love this blog! I have already made a few things from it. This recipe made me smile, because my Mom used to make "hot dog mashed potato casserole" (very much like this) which I thought was the greatest thing ever!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My mom used to make these stuffed dogs, only she mixed mustard into the mashed potatoes then topped them with cheese and crumbled bacon. I loved them as a child and was happy to find your recipe.

    ReplyDelete