Thursday, January 6, 2011

Busy, Busy, Busy....

Isn't that how it goes for everyone these days? I was actually looking forward to a day with nothing to do and well, I am sure you all know the answer to this....Riley couldn't find her mittens~why she waited until the bus was literally, almost at our door to look for them is beyond me, my glasses broke about a week ago and after falling asleep with them on last night~they are in definite need of replacements, I need bread and milk (no, not because the snow is coming but because I am just plain out), we have gymnastics tonight and baseball clinic, along with homework....the list goes on. Sooooo, my relaxing day, that was to be spent leisurely drinking coffee and reading my 3.6.5 Challenge passages (for those of you who don't know~Jimmy and I decided to take our churches challenge to read the bible through in one year) and laundry (bleck!) was now spent running mittens to school, buying glasses and battling the elderly over bread and milk (ok, I am stretching the truth on the last clip, but the elderly were definitely out driving around.....).

So dinner tonight was leftover soup, BBQ sandwiches (my recipe is from my old stand by "The Mennonite Community Cookbook") and Baked Zucchini Fries....oh, and by the way~I don't recommend leaving ground beef unattended, not one of my finer cooking moments, but everything turned out okay.







Hamburger BBQ
2 lbs. ground beef
1 Small onion, chopped
1 Cup Ketchup
4 Tbsp. Brown Sugar
4 Tbsp. Distilled Vinegar
4 tsp. yellow mustard
4 tsp. Worcestershire Sauce
1. Brown ground beef and onions until no longer pink.
2. In a small bowl mix ketchup, brown sugar, vinegar, mustard and worcestershire sauce.
3. Pour sauce mix over ground beef.
4. Stir together and simmer on low for 30 minutes.
Happy Eating!!


No comments:

Post a Comment