Monday, July 27, 2015

Zucchini Rice Bake!

I know....it's been to long!  I have no good excuse as why I haven't blogged - I guess it is just kids and schedules that have prevented me from being regular. 

I'm getting ready to start my 3rd year working at one of our local elementary schools.  I can't believe summer is drawing to a close.  This is definitely my favorite time of year - the warm sun, roadside stands filled with fresh produce and long, lazy days.

Tonight for supper we had shrimp and sausage kabobs (recipe can be found here) - they were yummy, even the kids ate the mushrooms....well, they were wrapped in bacon and basted with BBQ sauce but hey, whatever it takes.  Along with the kabobs I made this zucchini rice bake - I think it's a new favorite at our house.


Zucchini Rice Bake  (original recipes found here)

3 Eggs
1/3 C. Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1 1/4 C. Cottage Cheese
3/4 C. Gourmet Blend Extra Sharp Cheddar Cheese
1 Large Zucchini - grated
1/2 C. Instant White or Brown Rice
4 Slices Bacon, cooked crisp and coarsely chopped
1 Garlic Clove
Salt/Pepper to taste
DIRECTIONS:  Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  Grease a 2 Qt. casserole dish.  Combine eggs and olive oil in mixing bowl.  Stir in cottage cheese, cheddar cheese blend and zucchini.  Add rice (uncooked), bacon and garlic.  Stir to combine ingredients.  Pour into casserole dish and bake for 50 minutes.

HAPPY EATING!

No comments:

Post a Comment