Sunday, February 6, 2011

Super Bowl Snacks!!

Hi everyone! Sorry I haven't posted in a few days, kind of in a funk! The rainy, cold day kind of fit my mood on Saturday~made me very unmotivated! Well, today I awoke to birds chirping and glorious sunshine......and I was excited to make some snacks for the big game day! (Thanks Fredericks for coming over and saving us from eating all this food alone!)
Here are our Super Sunday Snacks!

Super Italian Sub......

Cheesy Bacon Dip~Yep, it was good!!

Lil Smokies (Hillshire Farms~GO MEAT!)















Lightened up Taco Dip!













Our Super Sunday Snacks were really pretty easy to make.......the taco dip I recipe is from an earlier post, the sub is pretty self explanatory~depends on what kind of sub you want~we went with Italian....cooked salami, ham, provolone.

Little Smokies

2 Pkgs. Hillshire Farms Little Smokies

1 Jar Chili Sauce

1 Jar Grape Jelly

DIRECTIONS: Combine smokies and equal parts chili sauce and grape jelly in a saucepan. Simmer on low heat for about an hour. (I know grape jelly and chili sauce sound like an odd combination, but trust me.....it is FABULOUS!)


Cheesy Bacon Dip

1 - 8 oz. pkg. cream cheese

1 jar Real Bacon Bits (I used Hormel, sold where the salad dressings are)

1/2 C. Mayo (light works fine, I wouldn't use FF)

2 C. Sharp Cheddar Cheese

1 Round loaf of pumpernickel bread, hollowed out

DIRECTIONS: Combine cream cheese and mayo with mixer until smooth. Stir in bacon bits and cheese. Place in bread bowl and bake at 350 degrees for approx. 1 hour. NOTE~I saved a few bacon bits and about 1/2 C. cheese for on top of dip. After baking for 45 minutes, top with extra bits and cheese and return to oven for another 15 minutes or so.


Have a good night!!


Happy Eating!

No comments:

Post a Comment